SIANspheric with JERKAGRAM @ This Ain't Hollywood - April 19, 2017


SIANspheric with JERKAGRAM @ This Ain’t Hollywood

April 19, 2017
Genre: Space Rock / Shoegazer
Time: 8pm (7:30 pm doors)
$TBA at the door
here's the event page at the venue

Personal bias disclosure, I've liked this band ever since I saw them touring their 1995 release Somnium.
Along with lablemates like Tristan Psionic, Danko Jones, Eric's Trip, and Thrush Hermit, SIANspheric helped to create a uniquely Canadian take on the 90's with lush guitars, atmospheric arrangements and floating vocals. If I found out that Radiohead were SIANspheric fans I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

I'm looking forward to this one. This show probably won't be all retrospective as they've recently released a new studio album called Writing the Future in Letters of Fire which I'm listening to now...it's really good.

Who should go?

If you like your rock lush, melodic, and introspective just come.

Why should I go?

These guys were one of the original bands signed to Sonic Unyon records (you know, the people that helped to get the whole supercrawl thing off the ground...) so in a way, they're a pretty important part of Hamilton's rock history. But truthfully - come because it will be awesome. What you smoke is up to you...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Chicken Wings in Hamilton (...the World?)

Corin Raymond @ Artword Artbar - Sat Apr 29

Courage My Love w/ The New Electric @ Club Absinthe - April 27th